Go the extra mile. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
In Patient Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Patient Service roles are tremendously important - it is a patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that there is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are critical, as is your ability to work with the patients. The role is varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can help us make a real difference.
Under the direction of the regional field services trainer, provides consistent and high quality on-boarding services to new and complex customers who have been approved for placement of an in-office phlebotomist (IOP). The Transition Specialist will be deployed to start up a new client office for a defined period of time while the regular phlebotomist is recruited. Employee will be required to rotate to new assignments and act as an advance team where necessary. Responsible for maintaining providing high quality phlebotomy services while maintaining a safe and professional environment for patients, clients, and employees; perform with confidence both the forensic and clinical specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures. Under guidance of regional field services trainer, will be responsible to act as a coach, mentor, instructor, and resource person for new employees as well as providing a smooth start for new clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides effective on-boarding services for new IOP clients and the related phlebotomist.
* Ensures clients and phlebotomists are well trained on test ordering processes and office protocols
* Resolves any TIQ or TNP issues and provides feedback to client
* Ensures client set-up is completed prior to go-live (i.e. supplies, connectivity, work station, etc.)
* Takes initiative to resolve issues or escalates to appropriate manager for resolution
* Responsible for training, coaching, and providing input on the performance evaluation of the phlebotomists as appropriate. Assists in the roll-out of new policies and procedures.
* Greet patients appropriately. Treat all clients and patients in a courteous and caring manner.
* Ensures all field phlebotomy and IOP specimens are collected accurately and on time.
* Collects specimens according to established procedures.
* Responsible for completing requisitions accurately.
* Meet with clients to confirm handwritten orders, verify test(s) ordered, obtain accurate billing information, i.e. diagnosis codes, UPIN information, etc.
* Research test/client information utilizing lab computer system or Directory of Service.
* Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
* Package specimens for transport.
* Assist in relocating, opening new facilities as necessary maintains required records and documentation.
* Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
* Maintains all appropriate PSC/Phlebotomy logs.
* Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data. Submits data on time monthly.
* Perform basic clerical duties, i.e. filing, faxing, preparing mail. Will be required to perform electronic data entry.
* Submits accurate time and travel logs as directed by management and on time.
* Submits accurate expense forms, if applicable, on the required day.
* Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data. Submits data on time monthly.
* Demonstrates organizational commitment.
* Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
* Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
* Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement
* Communicates appropriately with clients, patients, coworkers and the general public.
* Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate Manager, Supervisor, Group Leader or PSR IV for resolution. Remains polite and courteous at all time.
* Miscellaneous duties and responsibilities.
* Keeps work area neat and clean. Disposes of biohazard containers when scheduled.
* Help with inventories and other tasks as assigned.
* Stock supplies as needed.
* Performs other department-related clerical duties when assigned.
* Answers phone and dispatch calls when assigned.
* Participates on teams and special projects when asked.
* Additional responsibilities of PSR IV
* Ensures facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, takes appropriate action to advise Group Leader or Supervisor of required repairs and maintenance.
* Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
* Work effectively with staff employees to ensure compliance with dress code, EHS & QA requirements, customer service requirements and SOP's, advising supervisor of any issues or problems as they arise.
* Communicate professionally with clients and patients to resolve or refer, and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report critical issues as they occur.
* Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs for phlebotomy services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
* With direction and guidance from supervisor, and having appropriate training guidelines, act as mentor and resource person for new employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment and the familiarity with department protocols, practices and procedures.
* Assist with distribution of technical information and communications to the work group.
* Coordinate compilation of monthly statistics and data.
* Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work group or PSC's.
* Travel may be required for in-office phlebotomy or to work at multiple locations.
* All other duties as assigned, within scope of the position.
None. May be required to provide input to Group Leader and/or Supervisor.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Medical training helpful - medical assistant, paramedic.
* Medical terminology helpful.
* Phlebotomy - 5 years inclusive of pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections.
* Minimum 2 years as a phlebotomist in Patient Service Center environment.
* Keyboard/data entry application.
* Customer service in a service environment.
* Leadership experience is desirable
* Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays and overtime. May be required to work occasional on-call duties weekends, evenings and early AM.
* Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and clean driving record.
* Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
* Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
* Excellent keyboard/data entry skills preferred.
* Demonstrated familiarity and compliance with all protocols, practices and procedures of Field Services Department.
* Must be able to work cross functionally with the sales and client services organizations.
* Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment. Seek supervisor guidance when appropriate.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
Associated topics: blood collection, lab, laboratory, medical technologist, mls, pathology, surgical technologist, technician, technician ii, technician lab
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.